Thursday, November 5, 2009

Six Degrees of Burritos


As many of you may or may not be aware, I hold a bizarre and morbid fascination with the show 'The Hills' on MTV. It goes without saying that this is the most ridiculous social phenomenon that's flourishing in our culture today.

It's not that I enjoy the show, per se. It's a level beyond enjoyment. I simply marvel at this new faux reality that's taking over television. People's lives are being lived, then re-enacted. Hot friends are hired to steal boyfriends. Models are hired to entice jealousy and stage fights. I'm simply baffled by these situations and more so that these reality stars continue to live their lives in somewhat faux reality after the cameras are off.

So, I'm on Twitter. That's right, I update people on hilarious things that happen on a somewhat daily basis. You want to know about a weird penguin dream I had last night? You want me to describe a strange color I found in my deli sandwich? I'm your girl. But not only do I get to bestow my hilarity to my 50 plus followers, (look out) I'm also on Twitter to follow celebrities.

I'm absolutely hooked on what celebrities actually decide to share with the world when given license to do so. My favorite, by far...are Heidi and Spencer. Their tweets range from bible verses to the ever popular Heidi tweet, "I love chicken burritos!" From pushing their own pop songs to warning the nation that Spencer Pratt may run for President; I'm in. Tell me what you want me to know.

The other night, I get an email... "Heidi Montag is now following you on Twitter." The next night, I get another... "Spencer Pratt is now following you on Twitter." I check into this... They're the real people. The Spencer and The Heidi are following The Katie Dulin on Twitter.

What do I do with these powers now? Probably nothing. But I'm dying to get myself re-tweeted one of these days. I'd up my chances if I only enjoyed chicken burritos as much as they did. Or Jesus.

5 comments:

Greg Volk said...

At the risk of defending Speidi, I believe I myself have Tweeted "I love chicken burritos!"

Ryan Green said...

I follow both of them too. I love how much they thank Jesus Christ. If he is the one in charge of giving them the life they have I think we need to reconsider this whole Christianity religion thing.

Antinous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

This is amazing on SO MANY LEVELS! I now may force myself to love chicken burritos even though I don't like them even one tiny bit... maybe I can find another common denominator.

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey