Monday, July 21, 2008

Now What?

To celebrate the first Katie Dulin blog ever, I will begin by letting you in on a little secret...lean in close. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Posting pictures? Arranging fonts and picking out colors? I'm severely unsure of most computer oriented tasks and will simply stick to what I know: Blowing your mind with the power of humor and delightful ramblings.

This blog will include movie reviews, weird dreams I've had, and open letters to people....like that jerk-face on the train this morning. It will also include top five favorite snacks, best driving music and tips on how to get your lean on.

I get the impression that most people don't like to read. People want information delivered to their handset at warp-speed. Weather updates are sent in a text instead of walking outside. You order something online and you want to begin tracking it the minute your card is charged. People are angered when they have to turn off their cell phones during a movie for fear that they may not know who has called and not left a message in the two hours they've been relaxing in the dark.

Now don't get me wrong... I enjoy the google text. That shit is the shit. CNN articles...yeah, I'll admit to reading the bullet points sometimes instead of investing myself in an entire article. But the constant need to check my cell phone...I'm not into it. I'll turn off my phone off for a day just to mess with your head. So take that.

While we need to teach ourselves to be patient and take our time with this thing called Life, I will open the flood gates of my brillant mind to let you in on the secrets of the universe. And that universe will include the aforementioned snacking, movie viewing, dream analysis and several other scattered bits of comic genius.

So c'mon...let's get our blog on.

2 comments:

Thunderdome said...

My Pet Peeves:

Young, old, foreign or domestic...DO NOT ENTER THE TRAIN BEFORE I EXIT- YOU'RE DEFYING THE LAWS OF PHYSICS!!!!...you cannot occupy space which is already occupied. Henceforth- if you see me inside the train- ready to exit, step aside because with all my New Yorkness, I will take you out.

Babies, cell phones and texting in the movie theatre.
Listen , if you can't find a babysitter- stop being selfish- to be a parent is all about sacrifice- therefore...you may have to miss Grindhouse in lieu of taking your 3 month old who really doesn't know what planet they're on anyway! It's all about poop to them.

Callers and texters: Listen there sugar bottom- can you bear to tear yourself away from schmoopie-pie long enough to take in a flick? I'm sure she can live without your smileys for 2 hours. Be a man.

SusanGabriel said...

Hi Katie,
I'm just starting a blog, too, so we can not know what we're doing, together. I really like what you've got so far. You write well!

If you'd like to view mine it's at www.seekingsarasummers.com

From viewing your profile, we like a lot of the same movies, esp. Shirley Valentine. And I love Zadie Smith's books.

Good luck with your blog!
Susan Gabriel