Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What Is This Twitter?


I just had the theory behind Twitter explained to me. I don't when Twitter got its start, but I do know that since that start, I've pretended that I knew what it was. People talk about new things all the time and I try my best to not keep up with it too much.

For about a year, I didn't know what podcasts were. People kept saying, "Check out my podcast," or "You can get this show on podcast." What in the world were they talking about? I nodded my head and gave them a knowing look, a shared understanding of what this technology was. I sincerely had no idea and couldn't really be bothered to ask someone.

Today, I took a stand and finally asked my friends, (on the internet no less) what the hell Twitter was. Twitter, as I've come to learn, works like a status bar on a Facebook page. You can update people, in 140 characters, some random tidbit of information that usually does not have a conclusion.

Intrigued as I was, I still didn't understand. That is, until Travis sent me the link to Christopher Walken's Twitter page. I'm not quite sure if this is the real Walken, or some clever person who's channeling his awesomeness. But this page has had my captivated since it was sent to me.

Thanks, Travis. I still don't get it. But I'm wanting to get it more. So thanks.

1 comment:

Justin Shaddix said...

First, I feel ya on the whole Twitter/podcast/stargate thing. Second, I like the bird picture you put with this post...why you chose a bird, I have no idea, but it's cool. Third, the cwalken twitter page is pretty thought-provoking.

And finally, I'm seeing Sue tomorrow! She sounds so cute over the phone!