Thursday, August 13, 2009

Turns Out, Guy Fieri Isn't Bobby Flay























Perhaps it's a known fact among my circle of friends that when it comes to the issue of Guy Fieri, that douche bag from Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, that I tend to become a tad irate.

He has tainted the very essence of TGIFriday's with his backwards sunglasses, his SUM 41 hairstyle, and his tendency to exude ridiculous remarks. "That's fierce, brother!" is no way to define the level of heat from a chicken wing. You are not a cook, Guy Fieri, you are a tool bag.

My hatred turned to confusion upon my recent discovery that Guy Fieri is not, in fact, Bobby Flay. I've been assuming this entire time that Bobby Flay was the one giving chicken wings a bad name. If someone were to bring up Bobby Flay in conversation, I would interrupt them with, "Fuck Bobby Flay!" No one seemed to share my level of hatred for Bobby Flay and I couldn't understand it. When pressed, my reasons were seemingly superficial. "Because he's stupid," I'd say. No one seemed to challenge me on this fact and it continued to remain common knowledge that Bobby Flay was a terrible person in my book.

So...Mystery Solved. Guy Fieri is not, in fact, Bobby Flay.

Fuck Bobby Flay!

2 comments:

joshcon80 said...

I'm with you, sister.

Also, doesn't he look like the Heat Miser from The Year Without a Santa Claus?

Unknown said...

While Guy Fieri does look and talk like a big tool bag, I'm completely addicted to Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives (or "Triple D" as Guy would say). And truth be told...he is not actually as big of a tool bag as Bobby Flay. Bobby's tool-bagginess is a little more subtle...in the way he challenges people on their own turf like he can do their specialty better than they can. Then he pretends to not be a sore loser, but you can totally see it in his eyes. He wants to pitch a little baby fit right there on camera. My summary...

Guy Fieri = nice guy who just tries way too hard to be cool

Bobby Flay = actual tool bag whiney little bitch on the inside.

That's just my take...