Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm Not Eating That, Sicko!


Am I the only one that thinks advertising for food is disgusting? I mean, it's truly disgusting.

When they pull apart the halves of a sandwich so you can watch the cheese oozing down the sides in slow motion, I really have to ask myself what the purpose behind this is. The only reaction I have, starts with 'V' and ends with an 'M.' Vom.

Vom. Vom. Vom.

I know a few people who have worked on the sets of these food commercials. It takes hours of getting the look just right. The preparation of these dishes is not made for taste, it's made for looks. So it's a whole table of uncooked Chicken Parm Sandwiches or trays and trays of delectable Lobster and steaming butter sauce with shrimp. They continue to drop meatballs into pots so the sauce scatters just so, while the crew hurries to wash all the plates so they can continue shooting.

And I continue to ask, "This is supposed to make me want to eat this?" Vom. In fact the only food commercial I can get behind are the adds for Sonic. They rarely show the food except when it comes time to show you their delicious assortments of Fruit Slushies. Why do I live in a metropolitan city that does not include drive-thru's? It's the only reason to own a car. Comedy sure tromps a steaming pile of gloopy cheese.

My reaction to you, Food Industry: You are positively vomititious.

No comments: