Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Can Hear You Eating

Greg has provided me with the nickname "She-Wolf" because of my amazing abilities to pick up on the smallest noises and the faintest smells. This is a great ability to possess, say if you would like to experience homemade apple pie, go to the symphony, enjoy a quiet day in the woods or appreciate cilantro in spicy salsa.

But when you can hear the opening and closing of a desk neighbor enjoying the insides of fruit or you are listening someone across the subway fight dry mouth while telling a dumb story, I'd like to throw my heightened senses into the proverbial garbage can.

People, close your mouths. I do not need to experience your food with you. It's not that difficult. It's quite simple unless your jaw physically disables you to perform this simple task of human evolution. I give you props for being able to keep your food in your mouth without it spilling out. That's about the only positive thing I can say to you people. You're just gross.

Lock it up.

No comments: