Monday, November 17, 2008

Oh, Just Stop.


Oh, Thomas...When will you stop telling people you're a man?

The significance of a transgender who kept his female reproductive organs in order to have a child, who quit taking testosterone to get pregnant, become artificially inseminated and have a baby, does not rank high up on me, "No way!" list.

Is there any significance to Thomas having a child? Sure. He's a dude. Is there anything insane about it, really? No. Because he kept his female parts and therefore is kind of a chick. You did not defy science, brosef.

I'm all for recognizing that he's a man. Absolutely. I'm all for anyone taking part in sexual reassignment surgery, changing their name and changing their lives. I don't care if you want me to call you Sheeba and you decide to worship goats after a lifelong stint in a nunnery. Dude, go for it. You're okay in my book. But Thomas? Sir Thomas, you are a female.

What's weird to me is why he wanted to become a man in the first place. I know that becoming a man has way more to do with their personal feelings than it does the ability to have a baby or not and how that defines your gender. I get it. What I don't get, is why Thomas both kept his female parts and halted his use of testosterone that keeps him from remaining a man in order to have a baby. All anyone has talked about, is how amazing it is that he's a man. He's not. He's a man with female reproductive organs. This does not make you a man.

Thomas was quoted as saying, "It's a human desire. And I'm a person and I have the right to my own biological child." No one can deny you that, friend. And rock on for having one. Have ten more babies for all I care. But stop making public appearances and making documentaries where you marvel at your own reproductive system. There is no marveling.... you have a reproductive system because you were once a female. It's science, bitch.

Thomas did not pull the rug out from underneath science. So stop praising him, studying him or judging him for his new bundle of joy. He's part she. You can't fuck with science.

1 comment:

Ryan Green said...

dude, i totally went off to Abe about this guy too. it is so not fair to call yourself a man if you are having a couple of babies. men can not have babies. if you have a baby you are a woman. you can't have everything!