Monday, September 29, 2008

Appropriate Subject Headers, My Fanny!

While I look forward to titling sarcastic subject headers of most emails, I'm finding it difficult to know how to do the same for prospective employers. Now that I'm out looking for work again and submitting resumes, there's a vast array of possibilities.

I mean, can we not just be forthright about this and state exactly what it's about?

"I'm Following Up On That Time We Spoke and You Said I Might Be Able to Work Here."
"I'm Applying For The Job You Posted Online. I Think I'd Be Great At It."
"I'm Not Quite Sure If I Can Fulfill All That You Need, But I Can Certainly Try."
"I'm Sure I'd Hate Working For You, But I'm Trying to Send Out As Many Resumes As I Can."
"I'd Be Happy If You Gave Me A Job, But I'd Be Indifferent If I Never Heard Back From You."

If we could just cut right through this malarkey, I think the work force would be a different place. Instead I'm sticking to subject headers like, "Great Meeting You" instead of, "I'd Be Doing You a Giant Favor and You're Probably Going to Underpay Me."

No comments: