Saturday, September 6, 2008

I'd Slap You In Public If I Didn't Think You'd Get Rich


So clearly I won't waste my time on the diatribe that would be "The Hills: What the Hell Are We Doing With Our Lives?" But I beg this question.... Why do they keep insisting that it's a show based in reality?

Again, I pondered this question that caught our culture by a ridiculous storm while stumbling upon the daytime talk show The View. In walks Audrina Patridge, the most useless character on and otherwise useless show. She teeters on stilettos, hugging Barbara Walters as if they're old delightful friends. Could they not have chosen a more suitable spokesperson for this operation?

Barbara Walters: "So, this show is fake, right?"
Audrina Patridge: "Well, I mean, we like, get up every day and put on our own make up and do our things..."
Barbara Walters: "Yeah, but it's fake, right?"
Audrina Parks: "....yyyeah."

This was right after advertising Audrina's big screen debut. Too bad she couldn't even pretend that the show they're paying her thousands of dollars to be a part of is real. I rest my case.


No comments: