Friday, October 17, 2008

Excuse me, waiter. There are no clams in my clam chowder.

Soup. I love soup. I could eat soup every single day and not get tired of it. But you know what I do get tired of? Soup that's not made correctly.

As stated before, I had some ill dental work performed and it's completely botched. My mouth is in chaos and I'm down to eating soup and smoothies until I can get back into the dentist's chair next Thursday. Bread, vegetables, moistened syrupy waffles...it all hurts.

Yesterday I discovered a soup/sandwich place in my new office neighborhood. It was okay, except they did not provide a spoon. Who leaves out the spoon when you're demanding an absurd amount of money for soup? I do not know. I got clam chowder only to discover that not only was I without spoon, I was without clams.

Today the amazing Fall weather taunted me into trying another soup place. I found an amazing place two blocks from my office containing the inner workings of the best Spicy Chicken Chowder you've ever put your face into. I get back to work...there is no spoon. No spoon? I know that I should probably check, but they've put bread in there, napkins...who leaves out a spoon?

So maybe I should go the extra mile to fix my soup craving. But, people...it's soup. Get with it. This is probably the only necessary acoutrement needed to complete this feeding. Take a note.

No comments: