Friday, October 31, 2008

Why is Gina Gershon Being Terrorized By A Ghost and Why Am I Watching?

While helping Greg make a headband for his Middle Aged Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume last night, I came across haunted stories on the Bio Channel. I'm a sucker for these things that manage to suck hours from your life and never give it back.

They get you with the 'Up Next' segment. I think therein lies the problem. "Up Next... Sammy Haggar gets a surprise visit from his drunk dad....who's dead!" It's like with marathons you know you have no business or even interest watching but you can't stop. They don't show commercials between the credits and the next show. Five hours later you discover you haven't moved from your couch and you wonder how Ashlee Simpson has been your companion for an entire Sunday afternoon.

I digress.

Gina Gershon, (whoever the shit this is) was regaling me with tales from her haunted New York apartment. She kept waking up with scratch marks on her arms and was having terrible nightmares. She felt the presence of a man watching her while she was writing term papers for college...in the buff. "You know, I would write my term papers without a lot of clothes on....I don't know why, I'm Gina Gershon. You know me."

Turns out the house used to be a brothel at the turn on the century. Turns out that manly presence she felt was the mentally deranged son of the Madame. The same son who happened to kill, that's right, kill two prostitutes. He now haunts that room and other unsuspecting scantily clad women who rent that room.

Two things:
1) Don't get sucked in to shows like this. You waste hours of your evening and can't articulate what's the matter later when your boyfriend looks at you with that, "Are you thinking about dead ghost prostitutes?" face.
2) Happy Halloween.

Time to gladiate.

No comments: