Monday, October 20, 2008

Gladiators, Ready??


You know what's more exciting than going as a female Gladiator for Halloween? Getting your costume together to be a female Gladiator.

Four ladies hit the streets this past weekend to acquire any flashy accessory that would complete our muscly sensual look. The only logical place to start was American Apparel. Unless you own a pair of sparkly roller skates that you wear them on the regular and you live in the 1970's, you have no business purchasing electric red shiny spandex leggings. But that is just what I did.

We were having quite a fantastic time showing each other our spirited garbs in the dressing room, whooping it up and exclaiming, "Look at me! I look ridiculous!" It was around that time that the line for the dressing room started to build up and I began noticing that everyone was there shopping....but like, for real.

I got the feeling that I was slowly offending each shopper with every gold headband I donned and every stirrup legged pant that I shimmied out of the dressing room with. The dressing room attendant said, "People really buy this stuff." I'm still not sure if he was agreeing with our public mockery of the styles or he was defending the overpriced turf he stood on. We quickly finished up and left with a bundle of money in shiny fabric form.

Hours later, we sat around the kitchen table gluing on Red, White and Blue stars and outlining our Gladiator names in sparkly silver paint. We put our wrist bands around beer cans to appropriately decorate them.

Take a note from my dim camera phone pics... Patriotism is at an all time high when puff paint is involved. Watch out, New York Halloweeners, we also have a golden joust in our clutches with which to pummel your ass.






No comments: