Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Perfect Storm

I've taken my name off of the New York Department of Labor's hitlist for one's to feel sorry for and walked into my first day of work today. It's awesome. I'm really into my job so far, my boss is fantastic, the work is great and I get to watch TV all day. Awesome? Yes. Quite.

My building, however, is quite hilarious. Seeing as this floor operates with around 100 other companies, it's a mish-mash of different occupational threads. The floor is set up like a maze and I was trapped in a Seinfeld episode today when I got lost looking for the exit. It seriously kept on going.

My new cube neighbor is either a Trader, a Stock Analyst or an extremely angry manic depressive. I held myself back from laughing out loud several times today while listening to him talk people down. As we all know, it's been a ridiculous time for the Market and a shitcan feeling if you've got a lot of money in it. (Side note: Why didn't I buy Intel at 6?!) So the following contains a few tasty tidbits I overheard today:

"You gotta step it up and buy when the market's strong...I know you're a big boy."
"I will kill myself."
"It's like this...if you get hurt and wind up in a hospital, I'll feel responsible."
"It's like the Perfect Storm with Mark Wahlberg and what the fuck's his face...."

And now enjoy the following video.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Say Hi to your mother for me, ok?