Thursday, October 23, 2008

Filly My Pain


Not that kind of filly...though this horse does resemble how I felt when leaving the dentist today.

3 week old filling was not sitting straight and I couldn't eat on that side. After x-rays they decided it was too close to the nerve and had to take it out and put it back. First step? Novocaine.

So what was my request? More Novocaine.

First shot: "Yeah...I can still feel it. Better make it a double."
Second shot: "Mmm, I think I can still feel it but I'm not sure. Better give me some more."
Third Shot: "We'll see how this goes."

It went fine. But taking three shots of Novocaine to the face means that you leave looking like a stroke victim. I brought back a smoothie to work and trying to drink it through the straw was the most difficult thing I've attempted in years. And the most hilarious.

I've said it once before... Kids, you must floss. You must floss, floss, floss.

Get flossy with it.

1 comment:

Greg Volk said...

My favorite horse picture ever.