Monday, October 27, 2008

Vote.


I received my absentee ballot from North Carolina on Friday. Before I even took my coat off, I was already ripping open the envelope to fill in the oval next to Obama's name.

I stop and think of the times we're in. Scary or devestating, this is the most historical time period our world has ever seen. From the short time that I've been on this planet, I've seen the Berlin Wall come down, the Gulf War, the Twin Towers fall, George W. being elected....again, the war in Iraq, technology changing at a daily speed, catastrophic change in our planet's weather, cell phones shrinking in size, huge leaps in the cure for cancer, state's beginning to support same sex union...

We are living in the most important moment in our nation's history. Whatever your political beliefs may be, your opinions, your concerns, this is the most significant turning point that we are all a part of. We have a vote and we have to use it. What do you care about? What do you want to see change? What do you want to say to the ones who have the power to change them?

I don't care if you're a gun-toting Republican who worships Satan or a Democrat who eats trees and communicates with taps. As long as you have an opinion about the direction of our country and have reason to back it up, then you need to get involved. Go vote. Get your friends to vote. We can change the direction of our country, this war, our environment, our future, our children's future.

Don't be an asshole. Go vote.

No comments: