Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fried Awesome


The other day, my new friend-crush Josh and I ventured up the street and had lunch at an amazing diner called Bourbon St. This place serves authentic southern food like Chicken and Waffles, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Mac N' Cheese, Cheese Grits, Fried Okra, Fried Green Tomatoes... It's the only place I've found in New York that serves sweet tea. And I'm talking sweet tea made the correct way. With real sugar.

I ordered Chicken and Waffles. They literally batter and fry a half rack of chicken and smack it down on top of a beligum waffle and cover it with maple syrup. I almost had a heart attack out of sheer joy.

The best part was overhearing the next table discovering Fried Green Tomatoes for the first time.
Dude #1: "What does this taste like?"
Dude #2: "Fried Awesome."


I think he said it best. Holla back, South.


No comments: