Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mo' Money Mo' Problems

I had a dream the other night that I was up for a promotion at work. The head of HR was interviewing me for this new amazing position, but insisted on conducting the interview in my living room. Only my living room was in this amazing apartment with floor to ceiling windows and classy working class adult furniture. Even in my dream world, I was amazed that I could afford such a lifestyle on the salary I currently maintain.

The interview was botched however because my brother was staying with me. And my brother was a notorious pot dealer. I said, "Jason, you just have to stay in your room. Just keep your pot dealing down, okay?" Well, he didn't. The smell of marijuana just kept wafting into the living room and I kept saying, "It's okay. Just ignore it. I have no idea what that smell might be."

The head of HR, while trying to find the bathroom, mistakenly opened the door to my pot dealing brother's room to find garbage bags of marijuana stacked to the 10 foot ceiling. It was like the scene in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when they open the door to the candy room. It was everywhere. In my embarrassment, I apologized for my pot dealing brother and wondered if this would affect my chances at getting this new job.

My brother does not do drugs, he does not drink, which makes this dream all the more hilarious. I told him about this dream the next day and he apologized for ruining my chances. While I do not wish that my brother was drug dealer, I do wish I could go back into the dream world and at least snag a fancy side table, perhaps a gold andiron.

Then I had a dream that I was caught between two sharks who both wished to eat me. But you know, I can't analyze every little thing.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

1) I don't smoke pot either, but I do think I would like to have garbage bags of pot in my room. Just impressive, visually, I think.

2) Dreams where there is a specific person, who you know well, doing something completely and fundamentally different than what they would do or ever have done, are kind of awesome. I say about pretty much every dream, "That's gotta mean...something, right?" Because, in the dream, you know it's crazy, but you also just sort of accept it. As

For instance, a couple years ago, I had a dream where Jaimie just would NOT stop telling me about how hot Jason Giambi was. She just couldn't get over it, and kept saying she was "crushin'" on him. I was kind of peeved.

Jaimie, in real life, has never used the word "crushin'," obviously, and she also had no idea who Jason Giambi (Yankee 1st baseman) was until I explained it, and then pointed him out in a deodorant commercial. She did not think he was hot.

Anyway, if you need a gold andiron, I know a guy.

Unknown said...

what kevin does not mention, is that he gave me the stink eye for about a day and a half after that dream because he was mad at my dream self for saying that jason giambi is hot.

me: i don't even know who that guy is.

kevin: you might have seen him in a deodorant commercial.

me: oh yeah, i've seen that guy.

kevin: i knew it!


it was something like that.